School Business Concentration
Manage the Business of Education
If you aim to further your career as a school business professional, Wilkes University
can help you reach that goal. The online Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration
degree provides a convenient, affordable path to complete a college degree.
Thanks to a partnership with the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials, you can focus your studies and earn school business official certification with your bachelor’s degree. Designed for professionals already working in school business operations, the program combines the expertise of Wilkes University’s Sidhu School of Business and Leadership and the School of Education.
Advance your career with the ABBA program’s:
- convenient online format
- affordable tuition
- seven-week courses
- personal attention
- experienced faculty
- school business focus
Convenient Online Format
Designed for working adults, all ABBA classes take place online. Work at your own
pace at a time of day that fits your busy lifestyle, wherever you happen to be.
As a leader in online education, Wilkes University designs courses to promote intensive interaction with advisors, instructors and peers. Complete up to 12 seven-week courses each year, for a total of 36 credits. You can register for two classes at a time. And because life can be unpredictable, we’ve designed the program so that you can skip a session or two and then pick up where you left off.
The ABBA program includes Wilkes University’s unique Personal and Professional Development sequence. This innovative program focuses on building leadership skills, professional networks, and a plan to achieve personal and career goals.
To qualify for the ABBA program, you must have earned at least 24 college credits. Our transfer admissions counselor will evaluate transcripts from institutions you attended previously for credit transfer. Note that college credits earned never expire.
Tuition for the 2020-21 academic year is $418 per credit, plus applicable fees.
- ABBA 151 Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- ABBA 154 Economics
- ABBA 221 Principles of Marketing
- ABBA 235 The Legal Environment and Business Law
- ABBA 353 Management of Human Resources
- ABBA 354 Organizational Studies
- ABBA 358 International Business Management
- PPD 202 Personal and Professional Development 1
- PPD 402 Personal and Professional Development 2
- ABBA 462 Professional Business Experience
School Business Official Certificate Courses
- ABBA 152 The Leadership Process Business
- ABBA 153 Communication Business
- ABBA 161 Financial Accounting
- ABBA 162 Managerial Accounting
- ABBA 251 Management
- ED 398 Information Technology for Schools
- ED 398 Analyze/Present School Business Data/Statistics
- ABBA 240 Corporate Finance
- ED 398 Optimizing School Support Operations
- ED 398 Strategic Decision Making for School Business
“I have my associate degree in accounting and was looking for a quality program that would fit my busy schedule. The Wilkes program allows me to work full time and complete my degree. The online classes give me the flexibility to do course work at night and on weekends. The courses have provided me with a deeper level of school business knowledge, which I can apply to my current position.”
Purchasing Coordinator/Fiscal Services Specialist
For questions about applying and admission to the ABBA program, or for a transfer credit evaluation, contact:
For questions about ABBA program content, contact:
Have questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.