An Introduction to Periodisation in Soccer
How to prepare your team, avoid injury and optimize performance
a presentation by Stoke City F.C.'s Damian Roden
- Location: Wilkes University's Schmidt Stadium / McHale Athletic Center
- Date: June 23, 2018
- Time: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Cost: $150 (includes Fit for Every Game E-Book)
Damian Roden is one of the most experienced and well-respected performance coaches in the English Premier League. With a resume that includes Manchester City, Australia and Wales, Damian is currently the Directory of High Performance at Seattle Sounders FC of the MLS.
During Damian’s tenure Stoke City have had the fewest injuries in the English Premier League, achieved the highest position and points total in the club’s history for 3 consecutive seasons and reduced injuries at youth level from 36% to 4%. Come and discover this unique training philosophy.
"I have never felt so fit and fresh on match day.
The way Damian works is so simple and logical but most importantly it helps me improve my game"
Stoke City & US Mens National Team
- 09:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. • Arrival, Welcome & Introduction
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. • Theory : Periodisation
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. • Theory : Periodisation Model
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. • Practical : Preparation, Warm Up & Technical Exercises
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. • Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. – 12:00 p.m. • Theory :Developing a Club Model Case Study : EPL Club
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. • Practical : Team Conditioning Exercises
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. • Practical : Position Specific Exercises
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. • Practical : Individual Conditioning Exercises
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. • Review & Summary