You Are Now Entering the Red Zone
You have now entered the RED ZONE!
The red zone is the first six to 10 weeks of the fall semester where the highest number of sexual assaults occur. More than 50% of college sexual assaults happen during this time. Those facing systemic barriers are at higher risk. A couple of things to keep in mind during this time:
- Consent is required in every sexual interaction.
- Silence does not mean “yes.”
- If someone says to stop or they are not comfortable, stop.
- It is okay to say “yes” and then change your mind.
- If someone is intoxicated, they cannot consent.
- No one deserves to be sexually assaulted. No one is ever “asking for it.”