New Wellness Workshops and Resources
The Wellness Committee is excited about what we are bringing to you this month. We
have some new workshop opportunities that we hope you will find beneficial during
this time, as well as our weekly resources and a podcast of the week.
NEW! Wellness workshops for the month of May: Nicole Pezzino, director of community outreach and innovation in the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy, will be hosting our live events for the month of May. All month we will dive into topics from a CDC-recognized program that were strategically selected to best serve our Wilkes community! Come ready to participate, engage with our colleagues and learn tools to improve our well-being. We will record this series and post the handouts/worksheets on the Wilkes Wellness page. We look forward to seeing you and having fun conversations with our colleagues! Sessions will be held weekly from 1 to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays using Zoom. Topics include:
- Ways to Stay Motivated (part 1) - rescheduled to May 8 (https://zoom.us/j/96351889093 )
- Ways to Stay Motivated (part 2) - May 13 (https://zoom.us/j/97607284797 )
- Move Those Muscles - May 20 (https://zoom.us/j/93987093878 )
- Take Charge of What’s Around You - May 27 (https://zoom.us/j/93593053984 )
- Nutrition/Food: Eating during COVID-19: Improve your mood and lower stress.
- Fitness: Interested in more yoga? Visit https://www.doyogawithme.com/ for lots of free yoga videos and other free resources or find them on YouTube here.
- Spiritual: Free Mindfulness Apps Worthy of Your Attention.
- Work: Effective Time Management While Working Remotely during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Social/Family/Fun: Try playing some games with family and friends remotely as another way to stay connected and have some fun. Jackbox Games has party packs and special offers during this COVID-19 phase.
- Podcast of the week: Happier with Gretchen Rubin
If you ever want to revisit a previous week's list, visit the Wellness website at https://wilkes.edu/wellness to find them all organized by topic.
We hope you are finding these weekly blasts useful. Please contact us at email@example.com with any suggestions or ideas you might have.
How you might use this list: Pick and choose what sounds interesting to you or review one tip each day of this week or whatever works for you!
Disclaimer: The Wellness Committee offers resources and information to all employees for voluntary participation. The information is not intended as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice or treatment. If you have any concerns about your health or participation in any wellness activity, please consult with a physician or health care professional.