Join Us for a Zoom Wellness Session on May 27
Please join us for the final zoom wellness session hosted by Nicole Pezzino, director of community outreach and innovation in the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy. This week she will help us identify the various cues and triggers around us and apply them to eating, activity and other aspects of our lives so we make better choices.
The final session will be held at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 27, on Zoom.
- Take Charge of What’s Around You - (Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/93593053984 )
All are welcome and encouraged to participate, even if you did not attend the previous
weeks. Please register for the session if you plan to attend. The recorded series will be available on the Wilkes Wellness page soon.
Here is your weekly list of articles, tips, and resources from the Wellness Committee:
- Nutrition/Food | Simple meal ideas from a nutritionist and mom on lockdown.
- Fitness | May is also National Bike Month. Join in Bike Month Bingo with the Wilkes Barre YMCA and check out other bike month events and tips from the League of American Cyclists.
- Mental Health | Tools 2 Thrive features more resources for Mental Health Month from Mental Health America.
- Work | Here are some useful tech tips to keep your home-work environment secure.
- Family/ Fun | Visit ArtsQuest@Home for a variety of live entertainment and activities for all ages https://www.youtube.com/
- Bonus | Find your next binge-worthy podcast from this list of 37 of the best podcasts in tech, culture, politics and more.
To revisit a previous week's list | Go to the Wilkes Wellness page.
As we transition into summer, please let us know what sort of activities, events, and resources would be most helpful for you during this time of year. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or ideas you might have.
How you might use this list | Pick and choose what sounds interesting to you or review one tip each day of this week or whatever works for you!
Disclaimer: The Wellness Committee offers resources and information to all employees for voluntary participation. The information is not intended as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice or treatment. If you have any concerns about your health or participation in any wellness activity, please consult with a physician or health care professional.