Learn More About D2L/LIVE with Brightspace
Take your knowledge of D2L/LIVE to the next level with the Brightspace Learning Center
and Subscription Training!
This tiered, modular training will support your continued technical development with LIVE. Learn at your own pace with on-demand or facilitated courses. Create your own training path to acquire skills to save time with grading, re-use lessons, accept electronic submissions, quiz your students securely, track students’ progress and much more.
To gain access:
- Create an account on the Brightspace Community site.
- On Thursday, May 28, or shortly after, faculty will receive an email from the D2L BrightSpace Community with an invitation to join the Community. Do not delete this email!
- Follow the link and the instructions provided in the email to finish setting up your account and voila! You are ready to go.
- Log into the Brightspace Community and explore the myriad of resources!
- Be sure to bookmark the Community login page (and keep track of your password) so you can always get back to it easily.
To access Subscription Training, click on the Learning Center link from the menu bar
along the top then click on the blue Subscription Training box on the right.
OTTL will incorporate various aspects of Brightspace Learning Center and Subscription Training and recommending specific learning paths as part of our faculty development activities throughout the summer. In the meantime, we strongly encourage you to set up your account and explore the various aspects of the Brightspace Community, Learning Center and Subscription Training. There are a multitude of useful resources available to support you in your online course development journey.
Confused by all the names? Is it D2L, LIVE or Brightspace? D2L is the parent company that most people know. Brightspace is the name of the learning management platform we use (the product). LIVE is what Wilkes named its instance of Brightspace when we first implemented it. You will see the Brightspace branding used on D2L-produced resources and sites, whereas we tend to use the combination of D2L/LIVE. In the end, it all means the same thing for you.
We trust this additional resource will be useful to you as you continue to enhance your skills over the coming months. Watch for new workshops from OTTL coming soon!
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.