Wilkes Offers Summer Academies for Children
The Reading Academy and The Arts Academy, for children entering Pre-Kindergarten through grade six, sponsored by the Education
Department at Wilkes University, are set to begin on Monday, JUNE 24, on the second floor of Breiseth Hall, 137 South Franklin Street in Wilkes-Barre.
THE DATES OF THE ACADEMIES FOR THE SUMMER OF 2019 ARE:
- MONDAY, JUNE 24, THROUGH FRIDAY, JUNE 28
- MONDAY, JULY 1, THROUGH WEDNESDAY, JULY 3
Please note: All required registration, information and permission forms must be completed and submitted by June 10, 2019, for each child. Please contact Dr. Diane Polachek at email@example.com for the required forms.
- Parents must accompany children to their classrooms and pick them up there each day.
- Parents must sign their children in and out daily.
- The Reading Academy will begin at 9:00 A.M. followed by lunch from 11:30 to 12:00 noon.
- The Arts Academy will begin at 12 noon. Pick-up is promptly at 2:30 P.M.
- Parents are reminded to send a lunch and two snacks, with no peanut products allowed.
- Children registered for The Arts Academy should have an oversized t-shirt to protect clothing when doing projects.
The academies are tuition-free for children or grandchildren of Wilkes University
staff and faculty.
For more information, contact Dr. Diane Polachek, Chairperson of the Education Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org, extension 4684.
I am looking forward to seeing you all on Monday morning, JUNE 24, as we being our exciting adventures in reading and the arts!