UPDATE: 2017-2018 President's Awards for Excellence
Last week, President Leahy invited the campus community to nominate individuals for
the 2017-2018 President’s Awards for Excellence. Please note that the deadline for
nominations has been changed to Monday, July 9, 2018. Nominations may be emailed to President Leahy at firstname.lastname@example.org with “President’s Award” in the subject line. Please include the nominee’s name and
a very brief explanation of why he or she should be recognized in one of these five
categories. If you would like the nomination to be anonymous, please note that in
Full- or part-time faculty or staff members may be nominated for awards in each of following categories:
- Exceptional Mentorship – This award recognizes one member of the community who has exemplified mentorship. Mentorship may include academic advising, mentoring, coaching, and all other manner of support for students.
- Outstanding Scholarship – This award recognizes one member of the community who has contributed significantly to their field. Scholarship may include traditional research, scholarship, and contributions to fields and professions outside of academic areas.
- Exceptional Contributions to Diversity – This award recognizes one member of the community who has contributed significantly to advancing the inclusivity of the Wilkes community. Diversity is defined broadly and there can be myriad ways in which a member of the community exemplifies this core value.
- Outstanding Innovation – This award recognizes one member of the community who has demonstrated creative problem-solving or seized an opportunity that has resulted in enriched experiences for students, faculty, and staff, as well as positive improvements for the future of Wilkes.
- Community Building – This award recognizes one member of the community who has made a lasting impact on the campus through team-building, collaboration and/or role-modeling.
For the purposes of the President’s Awards for Excellence, all of these terms may
be defined broadly. There are many ways in which a colleague may demonstrate the values
that are at the heart of Wilkes University’s mission.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to recognize a colleague for his or her outstanding contributions to Wilkes University!