Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science Judges Needed
The Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science (PJAS) will hold its 2018 Science Competition on campus Saturday, March 3. They are still in search of volunteers to judge student presentations as there will be over 800 students presenting this year. Please note, this is the first Saturday of Spring Break.
Who can sign up as a judge?
- Any faculty, staff, student, or professional who is highly involved in the STEM and Social Science areas and would like to volunteer their time and expertise.
Who would you be judging?
- Northeastern PA high school students (grades 7 – 12) who are among the best and brightest will be presenting their scientific research projects from 10:30 a.m. until about 1:45 p.m.
How do you sign up?
- If you are interested, please sign up as soon as possible online: www.pjasregistration.com; click “Register to Judge”. Signing up online is highly encouraged, but walk-ins are also welcomed once the online registration is closed.
When do I check in on Saturday, March 3rd?
- Judges are asked to check in at 9 a.m. directly before the judges’ breakfast, located in the Ballroom, Henry Student Center. During the breakfast, instructions and room assignments will be given. A timeline of the day is below.
General Day-of Timeline:
- 7 - 8 a.m.: Athletes Presentations; Miller Room, Henry Student Center
- 8 -10 a.m.: Student Arrival / Registration; Marts Center
- *9 - 10:15 a.m.: Judges: Breakfast; Miller Room, Henry Student Center
- *10:30 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.: Judges: Student Presentations throughout Campus; All Classrooms/Labs
- 11 a.m.: Area College/University Scholarship Interviews; Chase Hall
- 4:30 – 7 p.m.: Awards Ceremony; Marts Center (Judges encouraged to attend, but not required)
Thank you to all who have already signed up and those who are able to register as a judge.