Possible Need to Cut Energy Use
Implementation and Action
- Facilities will reduce physical plant mechanical loads (pumps, HVAC, etc.) without compromising the health and safety of personnel, physical plant assets or designated special requirements.
- Campus community will inform each other of the need to reduce loads and take actions below:
- Turn off all non-vital or unused equipment such as: coffee pots, personal fans, lab equipment, radios and so forth
- If printers, monitors and computers are not being used during this period, please shut them off.
- Turn off all lights in unoccupied rooms and reduce lighting where possible.
- Close window blinds or shades.
- Keep windows closed (opening the windows will allow heat and humidity into the building and increase the length of time for the building to cool once the air conditioning resumes).
These efforts will significantly improve our ability to successfully reach the desired electrical load shedding. If you have any questions about the program, please contact Charles Cary at ext. 4553.