Poetry In Transit Call for Submissions
Let us put your poem on the bus!
Poetry In Transit, an award-winning community program, invites your participation. Patterned after the Poetry In Motion program on New York's Transit System, along with London’s Poems on the Underground, Poetry In Transit displays poetry in advertising space inside Luzerne County Transportation Authority (LCTA) buses. The poems stay up for one year (September through August), with a monthly rotation so that riders can see the entire 2018 collection.
Winners are chosen by an advisory board of faculty from five area colleges: King's College, Misericordia University, Pennsylvania State University - Wilkes-Barre campus, Luzerne County Community College and Wilkes University.
Here are the specs:
- Length: Six lines or less (excerpts from longer works are fine, but you must choose the six lines to send)
- Limit: One to three poems per author.
- Theme: Unbreakable. When everything around us seems broken, what remains unbreakable? When everything falls apart, what will still stand? We invite poems that examine this concept in any way.
- Please avoid profanity, outright political screeds or religious statements
- Languages: Any language, if accompanied by an English translation
Submit your poems by Friday, April 27, 2018:
- Email your poetry to: email@example.com
- Mail your poetry to:
Poetry In Transit
c/o Jennifer Yonkoski
133 N. River Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711