Engage to Change
Questions? Contact Megan Valkenburg in the Civic Engagement Office at ext. 5905 or email@example.com.
Engage to Change
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Marywood University Swartz Center
Sponsored by PA Campus Compact and the Service-Learning Intercollegiate Consortium of NEPA (Keystone College, King’s College, Marywood University, Misericordia University, Wilkes University)
"Engage to Change" features keynote speaker Sandra Enos, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Sociology at Bryant University and the author of Service-Learning and Social Entrepreneurship in Higher Education: A Pedagogy of Social Change (2015).
Dr. Enos brings lived experience from a long career in social service, higher education and community action. She will discuss campus culture and share ways that campuses can help students think broadly about social change. The presentation will include a discussion of her work at the national office of Campus Compact as well as her research on how campuses organize for engagement.
Following the keynote address, participants will have the opportunity to attend conversational sessions related to the impact of Title IX on campus-community relationships, best practices in community engagement and considerations for partnerships that bring about lasting social change.
This conference will provide valuable learning and networking for:
- service-learning directors
- community service coordinators
- faculty with an interest in community-based learning
- campus administrators promoting high-impact educational practices (HIPs) as defined by the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U).
- 9 to 9:30 a.m. — Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. — Keynote Address: Sandra Enos, Ph.D.
- 10:30 to 11:45 a.m. — Workshop: Social Impact, Community Engagement & Transformational Change
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. — Lunch
- 12:45 to 1:30 p.m. — Title IX- What does it mean for me?
- 1:45 to 2:30 p.m. — Campus-Community Partnerships: Create, Maintain, Sustain