Make a Difference and Gain Experience at the Relay for Life Bowl-A-Thon
Gain purposeful, hands-on, non-profit, event management experience (and build your
résumé) this Sunday, March 26 at Chacko's Bowl-A-Thon event.
Do you want to help make a difference while gaining purposeful, hands-on experience with non-profit event management? Do you need to log community service hours for your class or club? Do you need to complete an SCA (social cyclical awareness) project?
Student volunteers are needed at Chacko’s Bowling Alley in Wilkes-Barre on Sunday, March 26 to help RJ Financial Services with their Relay for Life Bowl-A-Thon Fundraiser. Stay for a BLOCK or stay ALL DAY. Come out to help a great cause and have some fun at this résumé-building experience.
A.M. BLOCK: 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Need a group of 10+ students for SET UP of event
NOON BLOCK: 12 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. - Need a group of 10+ students for SURVIVOR CEREMONY
P.M. BLOCK: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Need a group of 10+ students for help with BREAK DOWN of event
Students are needed to:
- carry in items from vehicles to the bowling alley such as baked goods, raffle baskets, paperwork, banners, etc.
- hang sponsor flyers on the lanes
- hanging banners on side walls of bowling alley
- helping aid others at all the tables such as baked goods
- selling luminarias & placing them on the lanes
- student photographers (iPhone is fine) to take pictures and post to social media
- raffle basket table
- give away table
- registration table
- greeting and warmly welcoming guests
- helping out at the lanes
- matching bowlers to their t-shirts & packets
- helping to organize the cancer survivors & bowlers for the ceremony
- making some noise and cheering on the bowlers!
- plus just helping with organizing and doing the 'RUNNING' for all those areas
Please email Dina Udomsak (email@example.com) ASAP (by Thursday March 23) with your availability and commitment.
For more information, see the Times Leader article on the event or visit the Eventbrite page.