Wilkes Swimming Seeks Intern
Wilkes University Men’s and Women’s Swim team is currently looking for an intern for the fall 2017 semester. This position was created to help with several aspect of the team’s season, deck work and office work. The swimming internship will require skills including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance with set-up, operation and breakdown during home swim meets;
- Being on site and available throughout all home meets during fall semester;
- Being able to finish tasks that are assigned in a timely fashion at the request of the head coach;
- Assisting with day-to-day activities within the swim team; and
- Working with the coaching staff to set up community service hours for the team.
- Current student at Wilkes University in need of internship hours for their major;
- Ability to work various hours throughout the day, including some nights and several Saturdays;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Must have computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point;
- Basic knowledge and interest in swimming and its different events;
- Strong communication skills;
- Enthusiastic with desire to work hard and have fun;
- Team player with leadership skills;
- Ability to work alone once given a task; and
- Willing to learn to properly use swimming software used to keep stats.
Interested candidates should send a brief cover letter to Head Coach Mark Barnes at email@example.com. The coach is willing to take two interns if candidates are able to meet the above qualifications. Position will need to be filled before the start of the season on Sept. 17, 2017.