P4's -- Interested in a Career in the Public Health System?The Commissioned Corps of the United States Public Health Service (USPHS) will be opening the active duty application process for potential Commissioned Corps applicants for Pharmacy from July 3, 2017 to July 31, 2017.
Please note that all applicants must meet the following requirements on or before the opening date, including, but not limited to:
* Hold a qualifying degree
* Hold a current and unrestricted valid licensure, registration, and/or certification (as applicable based on discipline)
* Be a U.S. native or naturalized citizen
* Be less than 44 years of age (this may be adjusted based on eligible federal PHS civil service and uniform service active duty time)*
* Have less than eight years of prior active duty service in any uniformed service other than the Commissioned Corps*
* Meet suitability, professional, medical and security requirements
*The process to become a Commissioned Corps officer may take up to a year. Candidates who exceed the age, prior service, or civil service maximums during the application process should be aware that waivers are not generally approved.
In addition, applicants must agree to apply and accept positions with the specific agencies that hold a specific need. If applicable, this will be discussed during the preliminary screening process. The Commissioned Corps of the USPHS opens general duty application opportunities based on the needs of the Service and the needs of Federal agencies.
Upcoming opportunities will be updated continually throughout the year. Please contact the Call Center at 1-800-279-1605<tel:18002791605> to begin the application process or to inquire regarding further details. Candidates may also direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please monitor the following link for application updates:https://usphs.gov/apply/apply.aspx