P2's, P3's & P4's: Walmart Scholarship
Throughout the year we receive external funding for scholarships and post them on Nesbitt News. The School of Pharmacy is pleased to announce that Walmart is offering a scholarship for the 2016/2017 school year. This scholarship is based on the following criteria:
• A Pharmacy student with high scholastic standing in his/her last three years of school
• A financial need, to help the student with tuition, books, etc. Students who have received a "full scholarship" that covers all expenses will not be awarded this scholarship.
• A student that has shown the ability to lead others.
• A student that shows a strong desire to enter community practice upon graduation and has current/previous experience in community practice.
• The student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Students with a graduation year of 2016 are not eligible for this award. The student should submit a printed copy, in person, of a 200 word essay to Ms. Karen Atiyeh by noon on October 7, 2016 addressing the following criteria: Leadership and a strong desire to enter community practice upon graduation and has current/previous experience in community practice. Also, please indicate in your essay if you are currently employed by Walmart or Sam's Club or have completed any clinical experiences (ie IPPEs) with them.