Wilkes Pharmacy Rocks in Residency Matching!
During the Spring 2016 Pharmacy Residency Match, 27 of our P4’s where placed in residency programs! The most ever!
This represents more than one-third of our graduating class and 90% of our students who entered the match got into a residency program. Nationally, the match rate is just 66% placing Wilkes WAY above the rest.
Graduates from the School of Pharmacy are well educated and ready for practice. Some graduates seek to pursue additional training to further refine their skills in clinical pharmacy. Residency training in pharmacy is not mandated as it is in professions like medicine and podiatry, so those students who take on the responsibility of extra training are committed to Wilkes' value of being lifelong learners.
Congratulations to our new PGY-1 residents!
- Casey Anzulavich; Cape Regional Medical Center, Cape May, NJ
- Geoffrey Arentz; York Hospital/Wellspan Health System, York, PA
- Mark Attilio; Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- Cailtyn Bloom; New York Harbor Health System, Brooklyn, NY
- Kassandra Bugg; Kaiser Permanente – South Sacramento, Sacramento, CA
- Alisa Daniels; VA Connecticut Healthcare System; West Haven, CT
- Erika Green; PerformRx, Philadelphia, PA
- Matthew Hadginske; Geisinger Wyoming Valley, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Gregory Hood; Moses Taylor Hospital; Scranton, PA
- Jeffrey Kinney; UPMC Health Plan; Pittsburgh, PA
- Catherine Knapp; VA Hudson Valley Healthcare System; Wappinger Falls, NY
- Holland Kunkel; Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center; Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Lauren Lockus; St. Louis College of Pharmacy; St. Louis, MO
- Kelsey Noss; Albert Einstein Medical Center; Philadelphia, PA
- Jaclyn Palummo; Jersey Shore University Medical Center; Neptune, NJ
- Lauren Para; Geisinger Medical Center; Danville, PA
- Kishan Patel; York Hospital/Wellspan Health System, York, PA
- Trina Patel; Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Nicholas Patricia; WakeMed Health & Hospitals, Raleigh, NC
- Rachel Quinn; VA Hudson Valley Healthcare System, Wappinger Falls, NY
- Omar Richardson; Thomas Jefferson University Health System, Philadelphia, PA
- Elizabeth Taber; CJW Medical Center, Chippenham Hospital, Richmond, VA
- Christine Truskey; Lebanon VA Medical Center, Lebanon, PA
- Elizabeth Walters; Valley Health, Winchester, VA
- Jacqueline Werkheiser; Palmetto Health Richland, Columbia, SC
- Brittany Wills; Greenville Health System, Greenville, SC
- Tyler Young; Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center, Wilkes-Barre, PA
In addition, 12 graduates from previous classes pursued a second year of residency training in more specialized fields of pharmacy practice (for example oncology and pediatrics) and all of them (100%) were placed! Congratulations to our new PGY-2’s!
- Elizabeth Cook; University of Oklahoma HSC Tulsa Campus // Ambulatory Care, Tulsa, OK
- Lindsey Coval; Palmetto Health Richland // Critical Care, Columbia, SC
- Ashley Graham; Wm Jennings / Brian Dorn VA Medical Center // Psychiatry, Columbia, SC
- Erin Hanley; University of Kentucky Medical Center // Pediatrics, Lexington, KY
- Marissa Hoffman; Children's Hospital of Philadelphia // Pediatrics, Philadelphia, PA
- Amanda Holyk; Houston Medical Center // Critical Care, Houston, TX
- Morgan Peterman; Lebanon VA Health Center // Ambulatory Care, Lebanon, PA
- Kristofer Rivers; Rutgers University // Drug Information, New Brunswick, NJ
- Bethany Sharpless; Johns Hopkins Hospital // Pediatrics, Baltimore, MD
- Jennifer Sobeck; Wm Jennings/Brian Dorn VA Medical Center // Ambulatory Care, Columbia, SC
- Paul Boylan; Nova Southeastern University // Transitions of Care, Davie, FL
- Claudia Casset; The Ohio State University // Pain & Palliative Care, Dublin, OH