Wilkes University Honors Students, Faculty and Staff With 2019 Multicultural Awards
The Center for Global Education and Diversity at Wilkes University presented its 2019 multicultural awards. The awards recognize students, faculty and staff who have supported and improved the diversity climate on campus, increased international awareness and promote cross-cultural awareness.
The awards included:
- Global Scholar and Citizen Student Award: Senior political science and international studies major, Erica J. Martzen and graduate student Saidat A. Sanni received this award. The award is presented to students who demonstrate significant contributions toward raising international awareness at Wilkes through involvement in campus and community activities promoting cross-cultural awareness.
- Wilkes Diversity and Inclusion Student Award: Juniors Fantasia M. Rodriguez, a management major, and Kylie Dillon, a communication studies student, received this award. The award is given to a student who has contributed to improving the diversity climate.
- Wilkes Executive Diversity Award: Prahlad N. Murthy, interim dean in the College of Science and Engineering, received this award for contributing to improving the diversity climate.
- Wilkes Diversity Faculty Award: Mia E. Briceño, assistant professor of communication studies, Ty R. Frederickson, assistant professor in the education doctorate program, and Tyisha Williams assistant professor of biology, received the 2019 award for being faculty members who helped improve the diversity climate.
- Wilkes Diversity Staff Award: Deborah L. Scheibler, director residence life, was selected as a staff member who has contributed to improving the diversity climate.