Wilkes University Nesbitt School of Pharmacy Holds Brown Bag Medication Review on Oct. 30
Wilkes University’s Nesbitt School of Pharmacy, in collaboration with Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne and Wyoming Counties, sponsors Brown Bag Medication Review during American Pharmacists' Month in October in Agency on the Aging Centers. The event will occur on Oct. 30 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 17 centers across the region. Wilkes will send over 120 student pharmacists and over 20 pharmacists to conduct brown bag medication reviews and blood pressure screenings. Attendees participating in the medication review are asked to bring all medications or a list of medications including over-the-counter medications and vitamins. Free pill boxes, disposal bags, medication take-aways and health trackers will be available at the event.
Some centers will have blood glucose and postural balance screenings. The event is for adults age 50 and older. Those who attend and are 60 or older will get a free membership with the Agency on Aging. Participants can sign up in advance for the screenings by contacting one of the centers or sign up on the day of the event. Also, if a participant is not a member, they are able to still sign up to join this event at a center that is convenient.
The Agency on Aging centers include:
- Butler Township Center: 411 West Butler Drive, Drums, Pa., 18222, 570-788-4881
- Dallas Center: 1158 Twin Stacks Drive, Dallas, Pa., 18612, 570-675-2179
- Edwardsville Center: 57 Russell Street, Edwardsville, Pa., 18704, 570-287-3381
- Falls Center: 2813 Sullivan’s Trail, Falls, Pa., 18615, 570-388-2623
- Freeland Center: 701 Chestnut Street Freeland, Pa., 18224, 570-636-3080
- Hazleton Center: 24 East Broad Street, Hazleton, Pa., 18201, 570-459-1441
- Jewish Community Alliance Center: 60 South River Street, Wilkes-Barre, Pa., 18702, 570-824-4646
- Kingston Center: 335 Third Ave, Kingston, Pa., 18704, 570-287-1102
- Lee Park Center: 140 Lee Park Avenue, Hanover Township Wilkes-Barre Pa., 18702, 570-825-9883
- Mountaintop Center: 460 South Main Road, Mountaintop, Pa., 18707, 570-868-8517
- Rose Tucker-Nanticoke Center: 145 East Green St. Nanticoke, Pa., 18634, 570-735-1670
- Pittston Center: 441 North Main Street, Pittston, Pa., 18640, 570-655-5561
- Plains Center: 50 Second Street, Plains, Pa., 18705, 570-824-5542
- Plymouth Center: 160 East Main Street, Plymouth, Pa., 18651, 570-779-9664
- Shickshinny Center: 19 West Vine Street, Shickshinny, Pa., 18655, 570-542-4308
- Charles T. Adams Center: 5 East Market Street, Wilkes-Barre, Pa., 18701, 570-825-3484
- Wyoming County Center: 101 Dymond Terrace, Tunkhannock, Pa., 18657, 570-836-2324
Last year, 124 students and 22 pharmacists completed 397 blood pressure screenings and reviewed 226 indiviual medications, making it the largest single day event across the state.