Wilkes University Theatre Presents Theophilus North Sept. 28-Oct. 1
Wilkes University Theatre presents the opening production of the 2017-2018 season, Theophilus North. The performances will take place on Sept. 28, 29, 30 at 8p.m. as well as a Sunday matinee performance on Oct. 1 at 2 p.m The production will occur at Wilkes’ Dorothy Dickson Center for the Performing Arts, 239 S. River St.
This charming comedy follows a restless schoolteacher in search of adventure as he sets out to see the world in the summer of 1926. Stranded in the upscale resort town of Newport, R.I., he becomes entangled in the intrigues of the leisure class and finds more than he ever dreamed. Theophilus North the play was written by Matthew Burnett and is based on the novel by Thornton Wilder.
The production is directed by Wilkes University Theatre’s Joseph C. Dawson, associate dean/associate professor of theatre. The student cast includes:
- Alex Booth of New Hampton, N.Y., as Theophilus North
- Justin Gaskill of Somers Point, N.J., as Charles Fenwick
- James Cahill of Clark, N.J., as Bill Wentworth and G. Cranberry
- Kevin Rizzo of Allentown, Pa., as Willis
- Kris Tjornhom of Dingmans Ferry, Pa., as Josiah Dexter and Hillary Jones
- Joshua Shepard of Milford, Pa., as Father and Dr. Bosworth
- Michael Rogers of Girard, Pa., as Henry Simmons and August Bell
- Sarah Weynand of Albertson, N.Y., as Eloise Fenwick
- Marcy Ledvinka of Parkton, Md., as Diana Bell
- Michaela Catapano of Lake Grove, N.Y., as Sarah Bosworth
- Melissa Berardelli of Dunmore, Pa., as Mrs. Fenwick and Myra Cranberry
- Gabby Lajara of Brigantine, N.J., as Mrs. Cranston
- Bri Rowland of Pennsauken, N.J., as Mother
- Kelsey Butler of Atlantic Highlands, N.J., as Hannah and Cora Cummings
To the right: Alex Booth and Kelsey Butler.
General admission is $10, $5 for students and seniors and free for all Wilkes students, faculty and staff with ID. Parking is available at the Henry Student Center along with handicapped accessible options. For more information, please call the box office at 570-408-4540.