Want to learn how to run a business from the ground up? At the Jay S. Sidhu School of Business and Leadership, you’ll do just that, as you work with a student team to conceptualize, design and operate your own business.
The management program develops skills needed to make a difference in organizations, teams and communities. Courses can equip you to excel as a leader in operations management, human resources, sustainability management and more. You’ll develop critical thinking, persuasive communication, teamwork and leadership skills, preparing you to excel in executive and managerial careers in business, industry and governmental organizations.
Sidhu students who major in management develop the skills and competencies to make a difference in organizations, teams, and communities. Management courses equip students with essential knowledge and capabilities to excel as leaders in many areas, including operations management, human resources, sustainability management and more.
Course experiences help our students develop critical thinking, persuasive communication, teamwork and leadership skills. Sidhu management students are prepared to excel in executive and managerial careers in business, industry, and governmental organizations.
Students regularly participate with their faculty in research projects, learning such skills as how to construct a questionnaire to interpretation of results and developing recommendations.
- Small Business Practices for Success: A Study of Local Small Businesses
- Small Business Sustainability: A Case Study on Seller’s Books
- Small Business Sustainability: A Case Study on King of King’s Gyros
- Presented at the IABE-2013 Orlando, Florida, Winter Conference
- iPads In The Business Classroom: An Analysis of the Jay S. Sidhu School of Business and Leadership’s iPad Initiative
- Sustained Pet Nutrition: Economic Viability of Biologically Appropriate Dog and Cat Food
- Economic Validity of Farming in an Urban Setting
- Highlighting Sustainable Behavior: A Survey of Lean and Green Practices in the Restaurant Industry
We believe each student needs to gain field experience before graduation to better prepare themselves for the real world so internships are required. As a private, non-profit school of our size, we can help secure internships specific to your field of study. Our recent students have interned with:
- Marriott Hotel, Mesa, Ariz.
- Neighborhood Economic Development Corporation,
- Visit Mesa
- Net Driven
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Luzerne County District Attorney's Office
Personal and Professional Development
The Personal and Professional Development series, unique to Wilkes Sidhu School students, will engage you in a process of discovery and development. You'll explore knowledge, values, learning styles and competencies as you lead by doing. After learning about yourself and finding your strengths and weaknesses, the class will explore professional skills that can add to your career development. These courses include resume writing and interview skills and also include practical advice on email correspondence, social events with coworkers, and other situations young professionals often find themselves facing.
The Jay S. Sidhu School of Business and Leadership is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.