Sharon Castano is a Student Affairs professional at Wilkes University with over 13 years of experience in higher education. Her qualifications span the areas of internships, mentoring and transitioning first year students, teaching, student affairs within areas of Title IX, student life, and employer relations. She primarily serves as the Director of Internships & Parent Programs, an adjunct professor for the Personal and Professional Development area of The Jay Sidhu School of Business and a First Year Foundations instructor in Leadership. Prior to Wilkes, she worked as a full time software trainer for Blue Cross of Northeastern PA and later as a consultant. Sharon holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing from Bloomsburg University and a Master of Science in Education from Wilkes University. She resides in Laflin, PA with her husband and two college-aged children and their dog Noah.
- Coordination and monitoring of credit bearing internships for undergraduate students seeking experiential education
- Provide students with career counseling; resume writing, internship search strategies and interview advising
- Responsible for the continued development, marketing, training and implementation of the peer to peer E-mentoring program, an online and face to face resource designed to have current Wilkes students ease the transition of incoming first year students into their first semester.
- FYF Instructor, Leadership (First-Year Foundations)
- University Assessment Committee
- MESA subcommittee
- Adult Education Task Force
- Global Education Task Force
- SLAM (Student Life and Media)
- Academic Standards Committee
- Program Reviewer, 2013 NASPA Annual Conference Published in:
- a) NASPA's Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice
- b) the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience E-Source for College Transitions.
- Master in Education, Instructional Technology
Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Marketing
Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, PA