Ms. Nanstiel joined the University as Pharmacy Librarian in 1996. Her initial responsibilities
were to build the library collection to support the new Pharm.D. program. Currently
she continues to manage the pharmacy collection; to provide reference, interlibrary
loan, and other services; and to provide bibliographic instruction within the
pharmacy curriculum. Prior to her appointment she was a junior high school teacher
and then a hospital librarian.
Education and Training
- Master of Science (Library Science), Drexel University
- Master of Science (Education), Wilkes College
- Bachelor of Arts (English), Wilkes College
Certificates and Certifications
- Senior Member, Academy of Health Information Professional
- Pharmaceutical Care Lab
- Foundations of Pharmacy Practice
- Nanstiel BL. How can I look it up without the resources? Panel presentation at the
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting. Joint Session: PEP
SIG and Libraries/Educational Resources Section. July 11, 2006. San Diego, CA.
- Bohan KH, Nanstiel BL. The use of drug information competition to encourage skill
development and collaborative learning. Poster presented at the American Association
of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL; July 21, 2008.
- Longyhore D, Ference K, Nanstiel B. An elective course in information mastery. Am
J Pharm Educ. 2011 Mar 10;75(2):Article 20. Available from: http://www.ajpe.org/
- Nanstiel BL; Taylor RK, Jones LS. Health Info NEPA: a case study in applying continuing
education skills. J Consum Health Internet [serial on the Internet] 2011;15(2)105-16.
- Giovenale S, Nanstiel B. Basic Resources for Pharmacy Education [web page]. 2012.
Available from: http://www.aacp.org/governance/SECTIONS/libraryeducationalresources/Documents/BasicResourcesAug2012.pdf
- [Nanstiel BL]. Health Info NEPA [Internet]. [Wilkes-Barre, PA]: Health Information
Library Network of Northeastern Pennsylvania; [updated 2011 Oct 6]. Heart Diseases;
[updated 2012 Sep 18]. Available from: https://sites.google.com/site/healthinfonepa/top-10-Health-Concerns-for-NEPA/heart-disease
- Editor, Basic Resources for Pharmacy Education, Library and Information Science Section, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Chairperson, Health Information Library Network of Northeastern Pennsylvania