Dr. Anshu S. Arora
Anshu Arora is the Associate Professor of Marketing at the Jay S. Sidhu School of Business and Leadership, Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre, PA. Before joining Wilkes University, Dr. Arora was Associate Professor of Marketing and Chairperson of Department of Business (Management, Marketing and Supporting Areas) in the College of Business Administration, Savannah State University, Savannah, Georgia, USA. She is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI), USA and holds a Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management from Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), UK. Dr. Arora was awarded Ph.D. in the area of Consumer Navigation Behavior in Hypermedia CMEs from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India. She has been a Visiting Professor at ISC Paris Business School in France, University of California, Davis, and Thunderbird School of Global Management at Arizona State University. She has more than a decade of industrial and academic experience. She has worked in companies like Hyundai Motors India Limited, Lufthansa German Airlines, and Siemens India. Dr. Arora was the 2016 Chapter Chair for the Academy of International Business – Southeast (AIB-SE) conference (http://www.aibse.org/chapter-information/current-past-chairs/), and was the 2015 conference chair for AIB-SE (http://www.aibse.org/2015-annual-conference/). She is the Senior Editor of Marketing for the International Journal of Emerging Markets (IJoEM) published by Emerald Publications (http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/editorial_team.htm?id=ijoem).
Recently, Dr. Arora published her special issue (2017 Volume 12, Issue 1) on Sustainability, institutions, and internationalization in emerging markets: role of sustainable innovation for sustainable world development in the International Journal of Emerging Markets (http://www.emeraldinsight.com/toc/ijoem/12/1). She is the Special Issue Editor for IJoEM issue on Value Chain Innovations in Digital, Social Media, and Mobile (DSMM) Commerce. Call for Papers is available at http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/call_for_papers.htm?id=7394. Dr. Arora is also the Editor for International Marketing and Management Research Journal Series published by Palgrave Macmillan, UK (http://www.palgrave.com/us/series/14845). She has published more than 35 research papers in national and international journals of repute, and has presented about 50 papers in national and international conferences. Her research interests and expertise include digital / DSMM marketing, marketing analytics, social media strategy mix and social media measurement, stereotypical advertising polysemy, consumer behavior, ambient advertising, innovative experiential learning models in marketing and logistics / supply chain management, relational supply chain strategy relationships, and project management.
- The Selling Process
- Principles of Marketing
- Global Electronic Business or Global E-Marketing
- Advertising and Promotion Management
- Marketing Management (MBA Course)
- 2017 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence
2017 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence for our research titled Relationships among supply chain strategies, organizational performance, and technological and market turbulences published in Emerald’s The International Journal of Logistics Management (co-authored with Dr. Amit Arora from Bloomsburg University and Dr. K. Sivakumar from Lehigh University) --- selected by the journal’s editorial team as a Highly Commended Paper in the 2017 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence.
- 2017-18 Faculty Research Fellow, Georgia Tech Center for International Business Education
and Research, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Work-in-Progress: Arora, A. S. & Arora, A. (2017) “Social Media Spatial Imagery and Interpersonal Closeness: Analyzing Consumer Dispositions Toward Doppelgängers, Xenocentrism, and Word-of-Mouth”. Arora, A. & Arora, A. S. (2017) “Culture’s Impact on Consumer Responses to Visual versus Verbal Anthropomorphism: The Influence of Uncertainty Avoidance and Ethnocentrism”.
- 2016 Best X-Culture Instructor Award
Selected as the Top 30 professors of X-Culture project out of a group of 136 instructors and co-instructors teaching at 112 universities in 42 countries whose students took part in the 2016 X-Culture competition (www.x-culture.org)
X-Culture Project: Sponsored by University of North Carolina Greensboro, every semester, thousands of students and professionals from over 40 countries take part in X-Culture competition. For several months, they work together on real-life business projects presented by the corporate partners. They compete, collaborate through online and social media platforms, learn the challenges and best practices of international business consulting, and overcome challenges dealing with language, cultural differences, and nuances of online learning to be successful in X-Culture (www.x-culture.org).
- NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION (2015 - 2016) GRANT
InTeGrate program titled “Collaborate to Heighten Awareness, Rejuvenate, and Train: CHARTing a course to bring Environmental Justice to the coast” for $ 50,000 (Collaborator) July 2015 to December 2016
- NATIONAL COLLEGIATE INVENTORS & INNOVATORS ALLIANCE (2014)
Course and Program Planning Grant # 11224-13 for $ 8,000 (Co- Principal Investigator) March 1, 2014 to August 31, 2015
Grant Program: Sustainability Performance through Environmental Risk Benchmarking (SuPERB) Curriculum: A Certificate Program for Sustainable Entrepreneurship Education
Objectives: Develop product / service ideas and bring them to life through technology (software) prototypes and business plans signifying the growing importance of sustainability and innovation for Savannah and Nottingham, UK area businesses and entrepreneurs
- TITLE III GRANT from the US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION for $ 84, 662 (Effective October 1, 2011 to September 30, 2013)
PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR for the Project titled: ENHANCING THE GLOBAL LOGISTICS AND INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS EDUCATION RESEARCH (G-LIBER) CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
- ADVERTISING GRANT from ADVERTISING EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION (AEF)
WINNER of AEF’s Visiting Professor Program (VPP) 2010: 14 proposals selected out of a pool of 64 Professor Applicants – Worked at “Young and Rubicam (Y&R)” advertising agency, New York under AEF Grant during July 12 to July 23, 2010; New York City, Ney York.
- NATIONAL COLLEGIATE INVENTORS AND INNOVATORS ALLIANCE (NCIIA Grant #: 6739-09) for $24,000.00; Attached to the grant as a ‘Teaching and Research
September 1, 2009 – August 31, 2011
Grant Title: Renewable Energy and Entrepreneurship Partnerships (REEP) – A grant in collaboration between two colleges – College of Business Administration and College of Science and Technology, Savannah State University, Savannah, Georgia
Major Objectives: Develop a Business Entrepreneurship based course in the field of Renewable Energy; and an Advanced Renewable Energy Entrepreneurship course, by building collaborations between SSU Engineering Technology and COBA as well as Georgia Institute of Technology (GA Tech); and develop and sustain collaborations and networks with regional industry, academics and entrepreneurs (business and engineering) to provide interdisciplinary instruction, mentoring, and internships for students to create business plans, product ideas and bring to prototype stage.
- Nomination for Best Ph. D. thesis - ANNUAL EMERALD OUTSTANDING DOCTORAL RESEARCH AWARDS in the field of Internet Technology and Marketing
- Arora, Anshu S., Shalonda Bradford, Amit Arora, and R. Gavino (2017) Promoting Vegetarianism through Moralization and Knowledge Calibration, accepted for publication in Journal of Promotion Management, forthcoming (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘B’).
- Arora, Anshu S., and Amit Arora, (2017) WYSIWYG - Seeing is Believing: Consumer Responses to Levels of Design Newness, Product Innovativeness, and the Role of Country-of-Origin, accepted for publication in Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Vol. 29, Issue 3, pp. 135 - 161 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘B’).
- Arora, Anshu S., and Amit Arora (2017) Consumer Responses to Slice-of-Life versus Slice-of-Death Advertising Appeals: Exploring the Role of Polysemy, Branding and Culture, accepted for publication in Journal of Promotion Management, 23(1), pp. 123-162 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘B’).
- Arora, Anshu S., and Nicole Hartley (2017), Guest editorial - Sustainability, institutions and internationalization in emerging markets: role of sustainable innovation for sustainable world development, International Journal of Emerging Markets, Vol. 12 Issue 1 pp. 2-7, http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJoEM-01-2016-0020 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘C’).
- Amit Arora, Arora, Anshu S., and K. Sivakumar (2016), Relationships among supply chain strategies, organizational performance, and technological and market turbulences, International Journal of Logistics Management, Volume 27, Issue 1, pp. 206 - 232 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘A’)
- Arora, Anshu S., Wu, J., Amit Arora, Bacouel-Jentjens, and McIntyre, J. (2016), “Miu Miu Diffuses Prada: Coupling Country-of-Origin versus Country-of-Manufacture Effects with Brand Authenticity and Contagion,” Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Vol. 28, Issue 4, pp. 228 – 250 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘B’)
- Wu, J., Arora, Anshu Saxena, and Arora, A. (2016), Experience the ‘ambience’: Testing perceptions of ambient advertising innovations between U.S. and Indian consumers, accepted for publication in International Journal of Emerging Markets, Volume 11, Issue 2, pp. 148 - 174 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘C’)
- Arora, Anshu, Wu, Jun, and Ulysses, J. Brown, (2015), Do Stereotypes Ignite Polysemy and Strengthen Consumer-Based Brand Equity? Journal of Promotion Management, Taylor and Francis Group, 2015, Volume 21, Issue 5, pp. 531 - 547 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘B’)
- Arora, Anshu Saxena, John R McIntyre, Jun Wu and Amit Arora (2015), Consumer Response to Diffusion Brands and Luxury Brands: The Role of Country-of-Origin and Country-of-Manufacture, Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Volume 27, Number 1, pp. 3 - 26, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08961530.2014.974117 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘C’)
- Amit Arora, and Arora, Anshu Saxena, (2015), ‘Supply Chain – Marketing Shark Tank’ Experiential Lab Game in Interdisciplinary Business Education: Qualitative and Quantitative Analyses, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education (DSJIE), Volume 13, No. 1, pp. 21 - 43 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘B’)
- Arora, Anshu Saxena, Amit Arora, and Shailendra Palvia (2014), Social Media Index Valuation through Social Media Performance Measurement Scorecard: Impact of Economic, Social, Technological and Ethical Dimensions, Journal of Promotion Management, 20(3), 328-344 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘B’)
- Wu, Jun, M. Muller-Kahle, Anshu Arora, R. Leseane (2013), The Impact Of Fit Between Anticipated And Actual Entry Mode Selection On Firm Performance: Evidence From China, Journal of International Business Research and Practice, (October 26, 2013), 7:133-154 Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2345666.
- Arora, Anshu Saxena, and Jun Wu (2012), Measuring Customized Communication Incongruity (CCI) through the Activation of African-American Stereotypes: Investigating CCI’s Effects on Advertising and Branding, accepted for publication in the Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness, North American Business Press, 6(5), 2012.
- Arora, Anshu Saxena, and Ulysses J. Brown III (2012). Hard-Sell and Soft-Sell Advertising Appeals with a ‘Polysemic’ Difference: A Purposeful Advertising Polysemy Perspective, Advertising and Society Review, 13 (2), http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/advertising_and_society_review/v013/13.2.arora.html (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘C’)
- Arora, Anshu Saxena (2012). The ‘Organization’ as an Interdisciplinary Learning Zone: Using a Strategic Game to Integrate Learning about Supply Chain Management and Advertising, The Learning Organization, 19(2), 2012, pp.121 – 133 (ABDC Journal List Ranking: ‘B’)