Wilkes University


Students frequently select elective courses in order to complete a minor in a field other than the major field of study. Although not required for graduation, minor degree study is formally recognized on the student’s transcript and may significantly enhance a graduate’s credentials. Students are ineligible for formal recognition of a minor in the same discipline as the major field of study. Students should consult the departmental listing in this bulletin to review the requirements for formal recognition of a minor field in specific disciplines. A minimum of one-half of all minor field credits must be completed at Wilkes. Formal application for an academic minor must be made to the University Registrar. Application forms are available in the Registrar's Office.