It is the student's responsibility to meet all graduation requirements. Students are expected to be fully familiar with all academic requirements published in the Wilkes University Undergraduate Bulletin and to ensure that they are meeting the degree requirements of the University (as specified in the General Education Requirements) and of their major program. Students may elect to follow the degree requirements as stated in the Undergraduate Bulletin published when they entered the University or were admitted to their specific degree program, or they may elect to follow the degree requirements published in any subsequent Bulletin.
The Faculty of Wilkes University has approved the following requirements that all students must satisfy in order to earn a baccalaureate degree and be eligible for graduation. All students must
- complete a minimum of 120 credit hours;
- satisfy all requirements in the major(s); (Requirements for graduation vary among degree programs; see the appropriate section(s) of this bulletin for the number of credit hours and other requirements for specific majors);
- complete all subjects required for the degree as stated in the bulletin in force at the time of admission to the program or in any subsequent bulletin;
- achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 for all courses;*
- achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 for all subjects in the major(s);*
- achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 for all subjects within the chosen minor(s);*
- demonstrate competence in written and spoken English; and
- satisfy mathematics and computer literacy and other curricular skills and knowledge requirements by participation in assessment procedures.
*NOTE: Some degree programs require minimum cumulative grade point averages above 2.00 in general course work and in course work in the major. See the appropriate sections of this Bulletin for specific grade point average requirements for each degree.
All students must apply for Graduation by registering for GRD 000 (Graduation Audit) in their final semester at the University. Completed electronic diploma order and degree audit must be initiated and sent to the Registrar in order for a student to graduate. These forms are available on the Registrar Forms page: https://www.wilkes.edu/academics/office-of-the-registrar-recorder/forms/index.aspx.
No student shall receive a diploma until financial obligations to the University have been fulfilled.
No student shall be allowed to participate in a Commencement ceremony unless all of the above-mentioned graduation requirements have been met.
All candidates for degrees are expected to be present at Commencement. If circumstances prevent their attendance, students must apply to the Vice President for Student Affairs for permission to take the degree or certificate in absentia.