Wilkes University

Professional Development for Teachers

Certified teachers wishing to take graduate courses for professional development are allowed to register as special non-degree students. They must complete the non-degree-seeking application, check status desired (special non-degree), pay the application fee, and submit a copy of their teaching certificate. While there is no limit on the number of graduate courses that teachers may take for professional development, it is understood that these courses may not fulfill requirements for a master's degree at Wilkes. Teachers should consult the Education section of this Bulletin for degree requirements as well as confer with the Director of Master's Programs in order to determine which courses are required for a specific M.S. in Education degree or Letter of Endorsement at Wilkes.