A Different Kind of Classroom.
The Sordoni Art Gallery provides many ways for visitors to experience the gallery. With a mission to encourage an appreciation of the arts within Wilkes-Barre and the surrounding community, we offer a wide variety of free educational events throughout the year. Click to learn more about our upcoming free events and programs in association with the current exhibition, Loud Silence: Expressions of Activism.
Tours at the Sordoni Art Gallery
Looking to bring a group to the gallery? Sign up for a free Docent Lead Tour. Our docents are trained to guide groups through the gallery. A Docent Lead Tour can be the perfect way to engage with the artworks on display as Docents lead discussion about the historical significance and visual interest of a variety of artworks on display.
When making plans for your group, please note:
- Tours must be scheduled at least one week in advance.
- A minimum group size of 15 people, and a maximum of 35 people (exceptions will be made for Wilkes University classes and K-12 student groups).
- Guided tours last approximately one hour.
- All guided tours meet in the Karambelas Lobby outside of the Sordoni Art Gallery.
- Limited parking is available at the Gallery.
Sordoni Art Gallery Tour Registration
Please complete the following information to register for a group tour of the Sordoni Art Gallery at Wilkes University. Contact Assistant Director Nikki Lewis at Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about touring the Sordoni Art Gallery.
Please allow 2-3 days for our staff to process your request.
* Indicates that a field is required.