Welcome to the Sordoni Art Gallery at Wilkes University
The Sordoni Art Gallery is an innovative educational exhibition space. The gallery offers students and the local community a creative learning experience by providing rich programming, workshops, lectures, and year-round exhibitions featuring diverse, internationally recognized artists.
The Sordoni Art Gallery follows all safety procedures set by Wilkes University.
Wilkes University follows all parameters set by the State Health Department and is monitoring the situation closely. Be sure to note if the university's status has changed in compliance with current state health regulations.
- Face coverings covering nose and mouth need to be worn at all times when on campus and in the gallery.
- Face coverings cannot be provided by SAG staff. Please arrive with your face covering.
- Social distancing of at least 6 ft between other visitors should be followed.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed.
- Wilkes University is conducting extensive daily cleaning that complies with CDC guidelines.
- Tours are available for small groups. For more information and to register, please contact Karley Stasko, Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Worried about being around other people? The Sordoni Art Gallery wants you to feel safe and comfortable. Reserve time during our “Safe Hours!” This is a time where you know you will have the whole gallery to yourself. Space is limited. Contact Outreach Coordinator Karley Stasko at email@example.com to reserve your slot today.
Fine Art Fiesta Extended Gallery Hours
Join us in celebrating the arts in downtown Wilkes-Barre! We will be open all weekend for the return of Fine Art Fiesta! We open our doors for extended hours for all to view Ray Klimek’s exhibition Carbon.
Extended Hours Schedule
- Friday, May 14 | 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, May 15 | 12-5 p.m.
- Sunday, May 16 | 12-5 p.m.
- Monday, May 17 | 12-5 p.m.
Gallery Guide: Sordoni Artcast
Heather Sincavage, Director of the Sordoni Art Gallery, and Karley Stasko, Outreach Coordinator, are two creatives hyped up on coffee who can’t wait to tell you about the art world. Gallery Guide: Sordoni Artcast aims to dig deep into the artists, movements, inspirations and more that make shows at the Sordoni Art Gallery possible.
- Provide a more in-depth look to SAG exhibitions in a way that is approachable and casual.
- Create accessible dialogue about topics and themes within the art world.
- Approach artwork, artists and art movements from unpredictable perspectives creating new appreciation and understanding.
Support & Volunteer
Are you looking for a way to become part of the Sordoni Art Gallery community? Help support our mission by joining a family of supporters.
About Sordoni Art Gallery
The mission of the Sordoni Art Gallery is to encourage an appreciation of the arts and an understanding of its role in society through direct engagement with art.
All Sordoni exhibitions and events are free and open to the public.
Patrons requesting accommodations or services at Wilkes University or Wilkes University-sponsored events in accordance with The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title III: Public Accommodations are asked to contact the University at 1-800-Wilkes-U to request such services/accommodations. It is recommended that requests be made at least 48 hours prior to any event.