Welcome to OTTL's events page.
Here is where you can find information about upcoming events that we are sponsoring as well as announcements about other professional development opportunities, such as upcoming webinars and conferences, that you may find helpful to support your teaching, learning and technology journey. Check back frequently for updates!
Upcoming OTTL Events
NEW! Panopto is our new video content creation and management platform!
OTTL is excited to offer faculty a robust and fully integrated video platform for all your video needs including webcasting! Access Panopto through any course in LIVE/D2L and get started creating and adding video to your courses. OTTL will be holding training workshops as follows:
- Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 11 AM - webinar hosted by Panopto (access link to be posted here prior to event)
- Monday, Oct. 1 at 3 PM - Breiseth Hall Room 108 lab
- Thursday, Oct. 4 at 2 PM - webinar (access link to be posted here prior to event)
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 10 AM - Breiseth Hall Room 208 lab
Join us for a session to get started using this amazing new tool that will engage your students in a whole new way!
Facilitating Learning Online (FLO)
Future session dates in Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 will be announced soon.
FLO is a 3-week fully online course designed for instructors interested in teaching and/or developing an online course. Instructors will get to experience online learning from the student's perspective while learning about researched best practices in online learning.
- Recognize what it feels like to be a student in an online course;
- Compare and contrast online with face-to-face teaching and learning;
- Identify ways in which you can adjust your teaching approach to designing and/or facilitating your online course;
- Consider how to support online learners while maintaining a work/life balance;
- Reflect on your online learning experience and consider how to foster community and teacher presence in an online course
- Follow up with relevant action, whether it's learning more about teaching online, proposing a course, or continuing to work with your Instructional Designer on a course already approved.
Course load is approximately 2-3 hours per week. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive our OTTL FLO badge that can be displayed on D2L/LIVE, LinkedIn and other social sites, showcasing your newfound skills in online education!
Registration is currently closed, but please email email@example.com if you are interested in being added to the waitlist.
OLC Accelerate 2018 - Nov. 14 - 16 in Orlando, FL
OLC Accelerate is the premiere annual international conference devoted to promoting theory, research, methodology and/or applied effective practices in online, blended, and web-enhanced teaching and learning hosted by the Online Learning Consortium. Hear from and network with educators, administrators, technology experts, and leaders from around the world as you gain valuable knowledge about how to improve your teaching practice.
Past OTTL Events
Teaching with Technology Week – all years
You need to be logged in to the Wilkes network to access the page. Find presentation slides and resources from the event here. 2018 materials available under the 2018 link at top. To access past years, go to 'More' then select 'Archives' from the list.