Welcome to OTTL's events page.
Here is where you can find information about upcoming events that we are sponsoring as well as announcements about other professional development opportunities, such as upcoming webinars and conferences, that you may find helpful to support your teaching, learning and technology journey. Check back frequently for updates!
Upcoming OTTL Events
Contingency Plan Training and Support Offerings
OTTL is offering regular trainings and workshops to support faculty during this remote teaching transition. Visit the Online Teaching Contingency Plan site for information. New sessions offered each week.
Facilitating Learning Online (FLO)
Next offering TBD
FLO is a 3-week fully online course designed for instructors interested in teaching and/or developing an online course. Instructors will get to experience online learning from the student's perspective while learning about researched best practices in online learning.
FLO Course Objectives:
- Recognize what it feels like to be a student in an online course;
- Compare and contrast online with face-to-face teaching and learning;
- Identify ways in which you can adjust your teaching approach to designing and/or facilitating your online course;
- Consider how to support online learners while maintaining a work/life balance;
- Reflect on your online learning experience and consider how to foster community and teacher presence in an online course
- Create an action plan for follow-up, whether it's learning more about teaching online, making changes to your current teaching practices, or continuing to work with an Instructional Designer on a course already developed.
Course load is approximately 2-3 hours per week. Please be prepared to participate regularly and submit assignments and discussions according to a set course schedule. Upon successful completion (75% or better) of the course activities and assignments, you will receive our OTTL FLO badge that can be displayed on D2L/LIVE, LinkedIn and other social sites, showcasing your newfound skills in online education!
D2L BrightSpace Fusion - July 20 - 22, 2020 will now be offered virtually!
Attend the D2L user conference for our LMS. Learn about the various tools, network with other professionals, get the scoop on what's new and upcoming and talk to D2L employees at this premiere annual event. All users are encouraged to attend, not just the "technical folks"!
BrightSpace webinars - on-demand and upcoming
Participate in or view webinars on various topics within the D2L BrightSpace LMS. Search by topic or role to find webinars geared to your interests and needs.
Past OTTL Events
Teaching with Technology Week – all years
You need to be logged in to the Wilkes network to access the page. Find presentation slides, resources and links to video recordings from the event here. To access past years, go to 'More' then select 'Archives' from the list.