Welcome to OTTL's events page.
Here is where you can find information about upcoming events that we are sponsoring as well as announcements about other professional development opportunities, such as upcoming webinars and conferences, that you may find helpful to support your teaching, learning and technology journey. Check back frequently for updates!
Upcoming OTTL Events
NEW - Lunch and Learn with OTTL
Interested in learning more about how to arrange and input content in your courses? Then join us for a deep dive into the Content tool in D2L! In this hands-on workshop we will cover how to:
- create a module/folder
- upload documents
- add a link
- create a page from a template
This Lunch and Learn is the first in a series of D2L training events, each focusing on one tool in D2L. Each event will offer an optional badge, which is earned by attending the event and demonstrating proficiency in the topics covered.
This workshop will be held October 30th at 12:00 in Breiseth 105 and includes a free lunch! Registration is required and spots are limited, so sign up today!
Facilitating Learning Online (FLO)
Future session dates for Spring 2019 will be announced soon.
FLO is a 3-week fully online course designed for instructors interested in teaching and/or developing an online course. Instructors will get to experience online learning from the student's perspective while learning about researched best practices in online learning.
- Recognize what it feels like to be a student in an online course;
- Compare and contrast online with face-to-face teaching and learning;
- Identify ways in which you can adjust your teaching approach to designing and/or facilitating your online course;
- Consider how to support online learners while maintaining a work/life balance;
- Reflect on your online learning experience and consider how to foster community and teacher presence in an online course
- Follow up with relevant action, whether it's learning more about teaching online, proposing a course, or continuing to work with your Instructional Designer on a course already approved.
Course load is approximately 2-3 hours per week. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive our OTTL FLO badge that can be displayed on D2L/LIVE, LinkedIn and other social sites, showcasing your newfound skills in online education!
Registration is currently closed, but please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being added to the waitlist.
OLC Accelerate 2018 - Nov. 14 - 16 in Orlando, FL
OLC Accelerate is the premiere annual international conference devoted to promoting theory, research, methodology and/or applied effective practices in online, blended, and web-enhanced teaching and learning hosted by the Online Learning Consortium. Hear from and network with educators, administrators, technology experts, and leaders from around the world as you gain valuable knowledge about how to improve your teaching practice.
Past OTTL Events
Teaching with Technology Week – all years
You need to be logged in to the Wilkes network to access the page. Find presentation slides and resources from the event here. 2018 materials available under the 2018 link at top. To access past years, go to 'More' then select 'Archives' from the list.