Academically exceptional high school and transfer students who have already been accepted to Wilkes University are invited to apply to the Honors Program.
The faculty, administrative and student members of the Honors Program Advisory Council review all candidates and their applications, with specific input regarding students within their respective colleges/schools. Applicants are assessed according to academic quality and potential match with Honors offerings.
Qualifications for student to receive invitation to apply to Honors Program:
- High school seniors:
- rank in the top 20% of your high school class
- score at least 1190 on the SAT, or a 26 on the ACT
- Transfer students (regardless of prior Honors experience at college level)
- minimum 3.5 cumulative collegiate grade-point average
- minimum SAT 1190 or ACT 26, in accord with Wilkes University Admissions policies (only if still have minimum of six remaining undergraduate terms)
Current Wilkes students with a minimum 3.5 cumulative collegiate grade-point average and a minimum of six remaining undergraduate terms can also apply here.
Decisions are made on a rolling basis, with the aim of a four-week decision response time and two-week student acceptance/rejection response time:
- Jan. 15 - priority application deadline (Jan. 5 for current students)
- April 15 - final application deadline
- April 25 - final decisions issued
- May 1 - final acceptance/rejection deadline
- May 7 - final review of wait list; decisions issued