Make the most of PWC – kick start your creativity with our pre-conference workshops!
Workshop runs from July 31 to Aug. 3 and is open to adults of any age. The cost of the four-day workshop is $395, and includes conference registration. Then, join us for our two-day writers conference on Aug. 4 and 5.
Creating the World of Your Memoir
With Judy Mandel, author of the New York Times Best Seller, Replacement Child: A Memoir.
You have a story to tell. A unique journey that can illuminate a path for others. But how should you tell it? What structure will help you tell your story in a way that resonates with readers?
In this workshop we will discuss and write about these important issues for memoir writers as well as:
- How to determine your perspective, where the “I” is writing from in your story
- How to choose your events/scenes to include in your story that reflect your theme
- When to tell and when to show, and what is the difference
- How to find your theme
- What details will make your story resonate with your reader
- Use of narrative, reflection, commentary in your work
- Issues of privacy for those mentioned in your book
- What will your family say? Should you care?
About the instructor: Judy L. Mandel is the author of the New York Times Best Seller, Replacement Child: A Memoir, [Seal Press 2013). She is a writing coach, teacher, freelance editor and senior editor at Kaylie Jones Books. Judy’s essays, articles and short stories have appeared in Kveller.com, 34th Parallel, The Tishman Review, Connecticut LIFE, ASJA Monthly, Complete Wellbeing Magazine, Connecticut Authors and Publishers Magazine, The Southampton Review and other publications.
REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP BY CLICKING HERE.