Safety and Security
"To Serve and Protect Wilkes University"
The Wilkes University Service Center serves the University faculty, staff, students, and the extended community in the achievement of a safe, secure, and healthful work environment in support of the University's educational mission and its role as a catalyst in the local community's advancement.
The Service Center is at your service 24/7.
Whether the sink in your dorm is leaking, a chandelier lightbulb needs to be changed, a campus lecture needs tables and chairs, or you want an escort to your dorm after a class, call us and we'll be there for you.
It is the University's intention to comply with all federal, state, and local ordnances and regulations; and provide an environment free of recognized and anticipated hazards. The University Service Center is a steward of the University for the recognition, evaluation, and control of security, environmental, and safety concerns.
We are Committed to:
- Establishing a cohesive and supportive work environment encouraging innovation, an emphasis on customer service, open and clear communication, efficient and effective action, and continuous improvement.
- Providing for the protection of persons and property through crime and loss prevention programs and services.
- Developing services that promote health, safety and environmental responsibility through partnerships, guidance and education.
- Increasing public awareness, support and involvement in our community policing efforts while remaining focused on our primary responsibility of crime prevention.
- Become an integral and valuable part of the university community; one that each day and every action earns the trust and respect of the campus community.
- Achieve voluntary compliance with rules, regulations and laws through educational initiatives and equal and consistent application of our enforcement efforts.
- Being prepared for a rapid and effective response to any emergent situation in order to prevent and/or minimize injury, loss, and operational disruptions.
- Continual improvement both personally and professionally by seeking input and feedback, while striving for excellence in the delivery of our services.