The Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration program is designed for working professionals and transfer students looking to complete their degree online. We teach real-world business skills with immediate application, positioning you for career growth.
- Learn skills to propel you to professional success, long after graduation.
- Graduate with a bachelor’s degree in business administration,
- Change careers or advance in your current one.
Convenient online learning
The 18 courses in the degree sequence have been designed to build on the professional, educational and life experiences that you bring to the program. Convenient online classes fit your busy schedule and our flexible format allows you to take a part or full semesters off during your busiest time.
The Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration Program has been designed for working professionals, adults returning to the classroom after some time away, and college students who wish to transfer.
The 18 required courses will ground you in the fundamentals of business practice that are critical to a managerial perspective on the enterprise.
- Courses are taken two at a time for seven-week terms in a totally online format.
- Instructors offer virtual office hours, making themselves available for discussions over the web.
- There are three trimesters per year, so that you may take as many as 36 credits annually, allowing you to complete your degree at an accelerated pace.
- Online learning
Classes are offered in an online format.
- Condensed sessions, focused content
ABBA classes are offered in seven-week sessions, allowing you to register for two classes at a time, while completing as many as four classes during each trimester (12 courses a year).
- Personal attention
Going back to school is a major decision. Intensive interaction with advisors, instructors, and peers provide the online environment you need to succeed.
At least 24 prior-earned college credits are required.
To apply, please submit:
- an online application,
- official transcripts from any college study.
Previous college credits earned never expire. Our admissions counselor will review your college transcripts and provide an immediate transfer evaluation.
The Accelerated BBA program offers the 18 courses that satisfy requirements in the business administration major. Courses can be taken in any order, except where noted. All course are 3 credits.
- ABBA 151: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- ABBA 152: The Leadership Process
- ABBA 153: Business Communications
- ABBA 154: Business Economics
- ABBA 161: Financial Accounting
- ABBA 162: Managerial Accounting
- ABBA 202: Personal & Professional Development 1
- ABBA 221: Principles of Marketing
- ABBA 235: The Legal Environment and Business Law
- ABBA 240: Corporate Finance
- ABBA 251: Principles of Management
- ABBA 257: Information Technology for Business
- ABBA 319: Statistics for Business
- ABBA 352: Production and Operations in Business
- ABBA 353: Management of Human Resources
- ABBA 354: Organizational Studies
- ABBA 358: International Business Management
- ABBA 402: Personal & Professional Development 2
- ABBA 461: Business Strategy and Decision-Making (advisor permission required)
- ABBA 462: Professional Business Experience (advisor permission required)
In partnership with the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials, Wilkes University offers a concentration in school business. Designed for individuals working in school business or aspiring to enter this growing field, courses are developed and taught by skilled practitioners.
Tuition for the 2019-20 academic year is $449 per credit, plus applicable fees.
Lauren A. Leighton
Associate Dir of Transfer and Grad Admissions
184 South River Street
Phone: (570) 408-4465
For the convenience of enrolled students, a dedicated ABBA program advisor is available
to answer questions and discuss academic progress.
Dr. Marianne Rexer
Professor and Director ABBA
Phone: (570) 266-8982