Marleen A. Troy
Associate Professor Of Environmental Engineering
Ph. D. 1989 Drexel University
Environmental management and biological treatment techniques for hazardous waste
remediation. Environmental health, regulatory compliance and policy, pollution prevention
and energy efficiency, sustainability.
Honors and awards:
- 2007 Wilkes University, Interdisciplinary Teaching Award, with Ruth Hughes of the
Sidhu School of Business for Small Business (Environmental) Consulting courses.
- 2004 Wilkes University, Outstanding Faculty Recognition
- 2002 Lead member of a project team from the Wilkes University Small Business Development
Center and the Wilkes University GeoEnvironmental Sciences and Engineering Department
that was awarded a Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence in Education and
- 2002 Recognized by the Pennsylvania Pollution Prevention (P2) Roundtable Network during
the 2002 P2 Statewide Conference (October 2002, Harrisburg, PA) for outstanding support
and for contributions to the Pennsylvania Pollution Prevention Roundtable.
- 2000, 2002 Recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection during
Pollution Prevention Week for pollution prevention and environmental education efforts.
- 1991 OHM Award for Technical Excellence
- 1988-1989 Steven Giegerich Memorial Scholarship, Civil Engineering Department, Drexel
- 1988-1989 United States Environmental Protection Agency National Network for Environmental
Management Studies Fellowship.
- 1987-1988 S.J. Leonard Teaching Assistant Award, Civil Engineering Department, Drexel