All required clearances must indicate that there are “no offenses” *
Before a Teacher Education candidate may enter the assigned school, all districts require three clearances:
1. Act 34: Police Criminal Record Check
- How to apply: Online at https://epatch.state.pa.us The processed form must be printed out. This clearance may also be obtained by completing
and submitting the paper form SP 4-164 available at: https://epatch.state.pa.us (Drop down the Help tab.)
2. Act 151: Child Abuse History
- How to apply: Paper form only and it must be mailed to Harrisburg. You may download
the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form CY-113 at www.dpw.state.pa.us (Click on form at left side of site.) This clearance takes the longest to obtain;
send in request at least 4 -6 weeks prior to start of semester.
3. Act 114: Federal Criminal History Record
- How to apply: Register for fingerprinting anytime online at www.pa.cogentid.com Fingerprinting sites are also listed there. After registration and payment, print
the registration form with the confirmation #, SSN, and DOB. This must be presented
at the fingerprinting site.
* Clearances are valid for all field experiences and student teaching as long as the Teacher Education candidate is continuously enrolled in the Teacher Education Program at Wilkes University.