High School Students seeking Pre-Pharmacy Guaranteed Seat (PPGS) Application Process
Apply and be accepted to Wilkes University
- It is recommend you apply as early as the summer between your junior and senior year
- Identify Pharmacy as your interest on the Wilkes University application
- Wilkes University applications are processed on a rolling basis starting at the beginning of the fall semester
In order to be considered for a Pre-Pharmacy guaranteed seat you must first meet the minimal qualifications for consideration to the Pre-Pharmacy program.
- Be accepted to Wilkes University
- Have a high school class rank in the top 50th percentile or an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher or class percentile at least 80% or higher
- SAT Scores: ≥ 1080, OR ACT Scores: ≥ 22
Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview or admission.
If qualified, indicate interest in Pharmacy on Wilkes University application. This will make available the Pre-Pharmacy Application.
- Pharmacy application requirements include:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A Statement of Purpose
- Pre-Pharmacy applications are received on a rolling basis
- Only completed applications are considered
Invitation to Interview
- Invitations to interview for a Pre-Pharmacy guaranteed seat are e- mailed to prospective students shortly after receipt of their completed applications
- Interviews take place on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
- Prospective Pre-Pharmacy students interview with 1 faculty member for approximately 30 minutes
- Professional attire is expected
Notification of Decision
- Pre-Pharmacy applicants receive notification within 2 weeks from their interview
- Decisions indicate if an applicant qualifies for a guaranteed seat OR is to be placed on the wait list.