facebook twitter Blogger YouTube
Font Size: T T T


Breiseth Hall - Suite 204 570-408-4680 (T) 570-408-7872 (F) Email

Transferring from another institution

Admission to Wilkes University does not guarantee admission into the Teacher Education Program (TEP). Requirements for admission to the TEP are in compliance with the mandates of the Pennsylvania Department of Education.

Students transferring to Wilkes must meet with

the Chair of the Education Department to have their transcripts from other colleges evaluated. The Chair will collaborate with the students to design a written sequence of courses that the student must complete to satisfy requirements for certification. The student may begin taking education courses according to the plan mutually developed by the student and the chair if the student meets the minimum GPA requirement and has passed PAPA (Test of Basic Skills).

Students who have completed their bachelor's degree

may earn a teaching certificate. For more information, students should contact the Chairperson of the Education Department, Dr. Diane Polachek at diane.polachek@wilkes.edu.


  • |
  • Wilkes University |
  • 84 West South Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766 |
  • 1-800-WILKES-U
  • |
  • Privacy Policy*