E. S. Farley Library 570-408-4250 (T) 570-408-7823 (F) contact form
To access the Farley Library databases listed below
faculty, students, and staff must have a valid Wilkes email username and password for the proprietary databases (indicated by *). If you need assistance in obtaining a username/password, please contact the University Help Desk.
New Database available: WEB OF SCIENCE
Trial Database through ScienceDirect: Available now through September 17th, 2010, access to full text of over 900 Health and Life Sciences Journals from the present back to 1995!
SD College Edition Health and Life Sciences
- Access to 120 years of chemistry research. Search full text of all titles published by ACS from 1879 to 1996.
- Access PA POWER library
- Search the resources available from your state library. From the above link, select "Power library", then your county and finally your local library (you will need your public library card barcode number).
Archives of the Beacon, Bison Stampede and Bucknell Beacon
Biological & Agricultural Index Plus *
This database offers more than 300 journal titles related to biology and agriculture; approximately 20% of the articles are full text.
- Business Feasibility Analysis Pro
- This Business database is available in the library only. Check for sign on computer.
- Business Source Elite*
Cabells directory of Publishing opportunities,*
- Business College Set
- Includes Accounting, Economics & Finance, Management and Marketing.
- CINAHL with Full Text*
- Credo Reference*
- Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, more available, with links to our databases and book catalog.
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials*
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews*
- Cochrane Methodology Register*
CQ Weekly *
Complete source for coverage of Congress. Research the status of bills, votes and amendments, floor and committee activity, backroom maneuvering, and more.
Database of Reviews of Effects*
- Directory of Open Access Journals*
A database of scholarly journals covering mostly the sciences.
- EBSCOhost *
Offers many databases, including Academic Search Premier, Business Source Elite, CINAHL, ERIC, MLA International Bibliography, Buros Mental Measurements Yearbook and Test in Print and PsycARTICLES. Many articles are full text. If the library does not subscribe to the periodical and it is not a full-text article, check the NPLN Serials List.
- Electronic text center
- Full text of journals in literature in cludes several in Foreign languages
- Facts on File *
- American History Online *
A comprehensive and authoritative reference to the most important individuals events and topics in United States history.
Literary Reference Online *
This database guides readers through a writer's life and major compositions, linking author biographies to critical essays on major works and descriptions of more than 35,000 key characters.
World History *
Covers the important civilizations and cultures of World History from prehistoric times to the modern era.
World Atlas Online *
Full color maps including statistics and information on more than 200 countries and US states and Canadian territories.
- Film Literature Index
- An index to films, television and videos articles, including Book Reviews.
- Funk & Wagnalls New Worl Encyclopedia
- Web, Images, Videos, News, more
- Google News archive search
- Search historical events in the news and Google will display your results as a Timeline.
- GPO Access
Official information from all three branches of the Federal Government.
Health Technology Assessments*
- International Pharmaceutical Abstracts*
- JSTOR *
Full-text articles for Arts, Humanities and Sciences, Business, Education, and Law. All documents in the database are scholarly.
Lexis-Nexis Academic *
Includes all major newspapers, current events, business and government information, reference materials, medical information, and legal resources. Many full-text reports.
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts*
- MAS Ultra - School Edition*
- Mental Measurements Yearbook*
- Military & Government Collection*
- MLA Directory of Periodicals*
- MLA International Bibliography*
- The Historical New York Times Full Text*
- The Historical New York Times online covers from 1851 to 2006. The archive provides broad coverage of many disciplines.
- New York Times by topic
- Research topics from the New York Times.
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database*
- Nursing & Allied Health Collection: Comprehensive*
- OCLC FirstSearch*
Internet-accessible service that provides access to more than 75 bibliographic and full-text databases. FirstSearch requires a special password. Please contact the library reference desk at 570.408.4250, for information.
- Primary Search*
More than 9 million citations from biomedical journals back to 1966.
- PubMed Central
Access to a digital archive of full-text, peer-reviewed life sciences journal literature.
Public Library of Science Journals
- Regional Business News*
- A comprehensive resource on taxation and finances
- Teacher Reference Center*
- Tests in Print*
The Torture Archive
more than 83,000 pages of primary source documents (and thousands more to come) related to the detention and interrogation of individuals by the United States, in connection with the conduct of hostilities in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as in the broader context of the "global war on terror."
- Web of Science*
Formerly known as Carl Uncover. Commercial service that provides document delivery -- one-hour delivery of available articles.