American Council of Engineering Companies of Pennsylvania
The ACEC/PA is offering at least one $4,000 scholarship, with the possibility of more. To qualify you must:
1. be a U.S. Citizen
2. be a full-time student working toward a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited engineering program
3. meet one or more of the following criteria
* attend a college in PA
* be a PA resident
* serve /have served as an intern with ta PA office of an ACEC/PA member firm
2040 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Scholarships from Sallie Mae
Since 2001, The Sallie Mae Fund has awarded $14.3 million in scholarships to help more than 5,700 students enroll in college.
For more information on Sallie Mae Scholarships, click here.
The World Nomads Podcast Documentary Scholarship
The World Nomads Podcast Documentary Scholarship will send a student on assignment to a remote part of Cambodia to visit a Fred Hollows eye camp with unique access to interview the doctors, staff and local villagers. Under the mentorship of ABC radio journalist Tim Latham, the student will have the opportunity to create their own 15 minute podcast documentary.
World Nomads is passionate about travel and this is the third in our series of educational travel scholarships. To date, we have sent students on a Film Documentary Scholarship to build a primary school in Laipikia region of Kenya and on a Travel Photography Scholarship to Arnhem Land in Australia to attend the indigenous Garma Festival with stunning results.
We are working with key industry partners such as Lonely Planet and National Geographic to make these scholarship opportunities the best in their field. We would appreciate you forwarding this information on to your students (communications/ journalism/media/arts/radio) and lecturers, and also ask that you upload the opportunity onto the relevant section of your website which promotes external opportunities, and of course any other internal marketing platforms you have available.
World Nomads will be offering 4 travel related Scholarships annually and we warmly welcome any feedback or thoughts you might have about our program.
Please don't hesitate to contact me should you require further information.
The McLean Scholarship for Nursing and Physician Assistant Majors
The McLean Scholarship for Nursing or Physician Assistant Majors is provided through the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP). The McLean Contributionship established a generous endowment in 1998 to help full-time undergraduate students who are enrolled in a Nursing or Physician’s Assistant program. Click here for more information
The Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. Scholarship for Diversity in Engineering & Information Technology
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. serves customers in technology, energy, healthcare and industrial markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of products, services and solutions, providing atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials and chemical intermediates. The company is the largest global supplier of electronic materials, hydrogen, helium and select performance chemicals. Founded in 1940, Air Products is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. With annual revenues of $10 billion and operations in over 40 countries, the company's 20,000 employees build lasting relationships with their customers and communities based on understanding, integrity and passion. Click here for more information
The Commonwealth “Good Citizen” Scholarship
The Good Citizen Scholarship is made possible by two endowments established at the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania. These scholarships are reserved for students who have shown an extraordinary commitment to community service and who have demonstrated creativity in shaping their volunteer activities. The selection committee takes great pleasure in choosing scholarship recipients from among the wonderfully talented, caring students attending our member institutions. Each year the choices are difficult, but the results – empowering students to serve their communities – are well worth the effort. Click here for more information
iModule Scholarship Program
The iModules Scholarship Program was established in March 2008 to support education. The goal of this program is to reward students with a financial scholarship to assist them in their education pursuit. This program is for prospective and current students in both the secondary (high school) and higher education (college or post graduate) field of study. Application deadline is April 30th. Winning students will be notified by May 1st of each year to assist in upcoming semester planning. Click here for more information
The Rose Brader Scholarship Fund
Allied Services has announced the Rose Brader Scholarship Fund. There are three scholarships: one $1,000 and two $500.00 to Luzerne county residents who are pursuing an education in Physical Therapy, Ocupational Therapy, Recreation Therapy, or Speech Therapy at an undergraduate or graduate level and to nurses seeking advanced education and certification in rehabilitation medicine. The scholarships can be used towards tuition or course-related expenses. Applicants must be residents of Luzerne County, a senior in high school and a candidate for a bachelor, master's degree or post graduate studies in the areas mentioned above. Contact the community service office for more information at email@example.com
Undergraduate Academic Computer Science/Computer Engineering Scholarship
$1,000 awarded to a student pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Areas of study that will be considered include computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, database management, computer networking, computer programming and information technology management.
Applicants should be pursuing a degree in a Computer Science/Computer Engineering related program including:
* Computer Science (Associate Degree Level or Higher)
* Computer Engineering (Associate Degree Level or Higher)
* Computer Information Systems (Associate Degree Level or Higher)
* Software Engineering (Associate Degree Level or Higher)
* Information Technology Management (Associate Degree Level or Higher)
* Networking Technology (Associate Degree Level or Higher)
* Database Management (Associate Degree Level or Higher)
* Computer Programming (Associate Degree Level or Higher)
Selection Criteria: Selection will be based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Degree level and financial need will not be considered.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident
* Must be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university and planning on continuing the next year
* Must have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed
How to Apply:
1. Download the PDF application
. (You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the application)
2. Complete all the required information in the PDF (You do not need to print the application)
3. Click File -> Save As... and name your file Lastname-Firstname-scholarship.pdf Ex: John Doe, Doe-John-scholarship.pdf
4. Submit the application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Thelma K. and Samuel Bosch Scholarship Award
The scholarship was established by Thelma K. and Samuel Bosch. It is awarded annually to a currently graduating Senior(s) from Wilkes University.
- Current graduating senior of Wilkes University
- Major in English through the Division of Humanities AND/OR Major in Political Science through the Division of Social Sciences
- #1 Priority: Merit in Academic Achievement (must provide a 4 year transcript)
- #2 Priority: Financial need (must provide copy of your student aid report or FAFSA Form)
- Applicant may be from anywhere in the world
- Award may be used to pay off prior educational expenses or to go to graduate school
- Applicant must include a 250 - 500 word essay on why they should get this award. The essay should concisely include information about applicant's future goals.
- If going to graduate school, why?
- If NOT going to graduate school, why not?
To download application, click here. Deadline for Application is April 15th.
The Alumni Association Scholarship
Did one of your parents or grandparents graduate from Wilkes? If so, you are eligible to apply for the Alumni Association Scholarship. This scholarship is awarded annually to a legacy student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. The deadline to apply is in early March each year. Students may apply during their sophomore or junior year. A committee of the Alumni Association Board of Directors selects each year’s recipient. Please contact the Office of Alumni Relations with questions or for more information about this scholarship at firstname.lastname@example.org