Environmental Engineering Program Objectives:
The BS in Environmental Engineering program will produce graduates:
- Who are prepared for employment with technical knowledge for practice in traditional and broader areas of environmental engineering, which qualifies them to pursue professional licensure in service to government agencies, and industry.
- Who actively pursue graduate studies leading to advanced degrees.
- Who demonstrate an understanding of ethical and professional responsibilities that will assist them in their professional growth through life-long learning.
Environmental Engineering (ENV) Outcomes
Each graduate of the ENV program should be able to demonstrate:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context