Mesa, Arizona 800-WILKES U, x6372 (T) or 570-408-MESA (T) Email
Because admission to the program is highly dependent upon writing samples and because the program is a Master of Arts in Creative Writing, not a Master of Arts in English, any bachelor's degree from an accredited institution will be accepted for admission. No GRE exams are required.
- be able to work well independently.
- be passionate about the writing life and patiently willing to receive developmental criticism.
- have basic familiarity with computers, e-mail and word processing.
Admission to the master and certificate programs will be based most prominently upon the student's required writing samples. Please submit two writing samples, which are outlined below.
1. Completed online application
2. $35 non-refundable application fee
3. Official transcript of all college work, undergraduate and graduate
4. Creative writing samples:
Submit 15-25 pages of published and/or unpublished work in any form or genre,
work that gives a sense of the applicant’s creative abilities.
5. Essay response
In 5-10 pages, respond to the following three questions:
1. Where are you in time and how did you get there?
2. What are you going to do in the program?
3. What will you do with your program accomplishments following graduation?
6. A current resumé that cites creative work study and accomplishment.
Acceptance into the Master of Arts in Creative Writing program operates on a rolling admissions basis; however, to meet acceptance residency deadlines, completed applications must be received as follows:
- January residency: December 15 for admission
- June residency: May 15 for admission