New Email System
UCOM 570-408-2000 (T) 570-408-3000 (F) Email self-service system
Get Ready for Google!
Wilkes University will transition all campus email to Google Apps (Gmail) this semester.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students only – AUGUST 13th.
- Be the first to try out this new email system by opting-in.
- Alumni – AUGUST 13th
- Faculty & Staff – End of September
What do I need to do?
Undergraduate and Graduate students have two choices:
- Opt-in to the new eWilkes.edu email system at http://www.wilkes.edu/google. You have the entire Fall semester to opt-in, so make the switch when it’s best for you. Opt-in now to the new eWilkes.edu email system and be the first to try out the new system.
- If you choose not to opt-in during the Fall semester, you will be automatically migrated at the end of the term.
If I choose to opt in, what do I need to do?
- Students who choose to opt in should start logging in to new Google system starting on August 13th. The new system will be located at http://www.wilkes.edu/google. *
- Once you have opted in, all emails sent to your Wilkes email address will now appear in your eWilkes.wilkes.edu email account (Gmail). This is where you should check your Wilkes email from this point forward.
- After opting in to eWilkes (Gmail) you can find links to your NEW eWilkes.edu (Gmail) account at the following locations:
If I choose to opt in, what will happen to my old email account?
- Your access to your old email account (Outlook) will no longer be available. All email functionality will be located in your NEW eWilkes.wilkes.edu (Gmail) account.
What will be my email address?
What does this mean for you?
- An increase in mailbox size from 100 MB to 25 GB.
- Access to multiple Google services like Gmail, Calendar, Docs, and many more.
- Better access off campus and from mobile devices.
- Increased service continuity in the event of a campus outage.
Where can I obtain more information?
- For questions about the transition, please contact the HELP desk (570.408.4357) or visit www.wilkes.edu/google
*Alumni, faculty, and staff will receive additional information regarding the transition in the near future.