Chase Hall 570-408-4400 (T) 570-408-4904 (F) Email
Luzerne County Community College to Wilkes University
Dual Admission Agreement
The purpose of this agreement is to provide prospective students with the benefit of a program designed to guarantee admission to Wilkes University, upon successful completion of an Associate Degree program at Luzerne County Community College. This agreement also allows both institutions to continue to provide quality education to our local student population.
To be eligible for the WU – LCCC Dual Admissions program, you must:
- have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent
- complete the Dual Admission Intent form (see below);
- complete at least 12, but not more than 30, credits of post-secondary academic course work prior to enrolling in the Wilkes-LCCC Dual Admission Program;
- maintain a 2.30 cumulative grade point average for all post-secondary academic course work;
- graduate from Luzerne in the associate degree program;
- enroll at Wilkes University within one year of graduation from Luzerne;
- do not attend another post-secondary institution after graduating from Luzerne and before enrolling at Wilkes;
- adhere to all appropriate deadlines as determined by Wilkes; and
- complete all other regular admissions requirements as determined by and to the satisfaction of Wilkes; students must complete and submit a Wilkes application at least two months prior to the start of classes for the following semester.
In addition to guaranteed admission, students enrolled in this program will receive special benefits throughout the program as well. Those benefits may include:
- Attending Wilkes events like Club Day, Homecoming or athletic events
- Special Student Development planned events, such as speakers, comedians or bands
An additional benefit of this agreement is that students enrolled in the Dual Admission Program will be eligible to register free of charge for a maximum of 9 credit hours in courses offered by Wilkes University. These courses must be applied to the specific degree program you intend to pursue at Wilkes.
To apply for this program, please complete and print the Dual Admissions Intent form (CLICK HERE FOR FORM
) and submit it to either the Counseling & Advising Center at LCCC or the Admissions Office at Wilkes University. All students are strongly encouraged to read the agreement prior to completing the Dual Admissions Intent form.