Student Services Update - December 2010
Return to The Family Corner - December 2010
Student Services News: Your Main Stop for Account Questions
The Student Services Center at Wilkes University would like to remind all families that the FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid) must be completed annually. In order to allow Wilkes to create a financial aid package for the following academic year, we must receive your FAFSA as early as possible. The FAFSA should be completed online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. Financial aid awards will be available to students via the Wilkes portal as they are created. Students will be notified via email.
Classes for the Spring term begin on January 17th, 2011. In order to better assist our students and their families, Student Services will reopen on January 3rd, 2011. Our standard business hours are until 4:30 p.m., however, we will be open the following additional hours in January:
- Sunday, January 16th, 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 17th-Thursday, January 20th, until 6:00 p.m. (all times eastern).
Grades for the Fall term will be available to students online through the Wilkes portal as of December 23rd. Remember, if your student has a financial hold due to past due payments, this will prevent the student from viewing his or her grades. Please remit past due payments online through the Wilkes portal. If your student has not granted you access to do this, you will need to have them make the payment via web check or credit card under their login. (The Wilkes portal log in page can be found at https://mywilkes.wilkes.edu/cp/home/displaylogin)
Please remind your student to actively manage their Wilkes’ account. They can easily do this by regularly checking their Wilkes email account and their Wilkes portal for important changes and information.
- The due date for Spring bills is January 3rd
- Past due balances will cause a financial hold, which will prevent students from viewing their grades on line
- All students are required to complete a FAFSA each year. The FAFSA can be completed any time after January 1st, but MUST BE completed no later than May 1st.
Happy Holidays from all of us in Student Services!