Fall 2010 - Turkey Recipes
2nd Floor UCoM 570-408-4309 (T) 570-408-7847 (F) Email
In the Kitchen With Adrienne Richards ’07
Adrienne Richards ’07’s job with the National Turkey Federation focuses on getting people to eat more turkey – and she’s got the recipes to help them do it. Adrienne’s favorite recipe for a quick and easy turkey comfort food was developed by Woman’s Day
EASY MEATBALL STROGANOFF
1 (1.5 oz.) packet stroganoff sauce mix
1 ½ lbs. fully cooked Italian-style turkey meatballs
1 cup fat-free sour cream
12 ozs. broad egg noodles, cooked and drained according to package directions
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Whisk sauce mix in cold water to blend, according to packet instructions. Pour into a large skillet. Add meatballs and stir to coat all surfaces. Bring to a boil.
2. Immediately reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes until meatballs are hot throughout.
3. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
4. Serve over noodles and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serves 6.
“I love quick and easy recipes,” says Adrienne, who often makes Easy Salsa Meatloaf for her dinner guests. The original recipe is from allrecipes.com, but she substitutes ground turkey for ground beef and parmesan cheese for Cheddar cheese
Go back home>>
EASY SALSA MEATLOAF
1 lb. ground turkey
½ cup salsa
½ cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 cloves garlic, minced
Dried parsley to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix the ground turkey, salsa, bread crumbs, cheese, egg and garlic. Season with parsley, salt and pepper. Transfer to a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
3. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or to a minimum internal temperature of 160 (165?) degrees.
Go back home>>