Max Roth Center 570-408-4170 (T) 570-408-3626 (F) Email
The mission of Intensive English Program (IEP) at Wilkes is to provide quality instruction to both international and English language learning students planning to pursue university studies in America. To this end, the IEP program at Wilkes provides students with curricula, classroom materials, and teaching methods that are well grounded in both theory and practice based on the latest research findings in the field of second language learning and teaching.
We aim to:
- Provide quality academic English language instruction for students whose native language is not English.
- Prepare students for further academic study in the U.S.
- Provide English language instruction for personal growth.
- Provide students with the advising they need to successfully reach their academic or professional goals.
- Provide leadership in the areas of intercultural understanding and cooperation.
- Provide learner-centered instruction.
- Provide services relating to admission, counseling, academic life, and the general success of international students attending Wilkes University.