Review of Important Information
Chase Hall 570-408-6120 (T) 570-408-4904 (F) Email
REVIEW OF IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We hope this information is helpful to you as you arrange for your new educational experience. You are encouraged to re-read it and carefully note the items that pertain to your situation. Please pay careful attention to your requirements and obligations. To summarize:
1. Make sure your travel documents are in order. Do not finalize your arrangements until you have your passport, form I-20, SEVIS fee receipt and visa stamp. You may enter the United States only if your Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) is endorsed by the university in which you intend to enroll.
2. Take care of your financial obligation and arrange for proper monetary transfer. Carefully review requirements for obtaining foreign exchange. Make sure you have adequate funds.
3. Plan to arrive on campus on the date designated. If you are an undergraduate and wish to live on campus, contact Felixa at International Student Services so that you can apply for residence hall accommodations promptly.
4. Be prepared to discuss your academic plans and interests with your department or program. Do not rely on others to plan your program for you, but at the same time do not register for classes without seeing an advisor during the orientation period.
5. If you do not plan to enroll at Wilkes University in the semester for which you have been admitted, return the form I-20 to the International Student Services Office as notification of your decision.
Again, we wish you a warm welcome to Wilkes University. If you arrive on campus after working hours (5 p.m.) or on a Saturday or Sunday, and need emergency assistance, please call the Wilkes University Public Safety Office at 570-408-2349.