Breiseth Hall (570) 408-5615 (T) (570) 408-7912 (F) Email
Explore the jungles of Panama March 3 to 11, 2007
Cultural anthropologist and Wilkes University Professor Jim Merryman led this tour on March 3 to 11, 2007. Everyone was able to see beyond the Panama Canal into this Central American country’s jungles, ruins and villages while they enjoyed a vibrant night life and luxury accommodations.
Everyone had a blast and experienced:
- Sun and surf on Contadora Island
- Rain forest eco-trek
- Gondola ride through forest canopy
- Five-hour white-water rafting trip through jungle
- Ancient Mayan ruins
- Cultural visits to Indian villages
- And, of course, the Panama Canal.
The cost of this trip was $1,950 for an all-inclusive package.
For an small additional free students were able to earn three Wilkes elective credits for STE3000.
Below are pictures of what you can experience...