Accreditation and Rankings
Wilkes is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Professional accreditations include:
- American Chemical Society
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Engineering Accreditation Commission
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacist Commission on Credentialing
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
Rankings and Recognitions
- The prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Institute recognized Wilkes University as one of “the nation’s best undergraduate institutions” in awarding a $1 million grant to creatively engage students in biological sciences. Wilkes was one of just 48 institutions to receive this award in 2008.
- Wilkes is consistently named as one of the nation’s best universities by U.S. News and World Report. This naming reflects Wilkes’ dedication to personalized attention and hands-on learning.
- The Princeton Review ranked Wilkes on its “Best Northeastern Colleges” list. Wilkes was recognized for academic excellence and student satisfaction.
- Wilkes University is ranked as one of the fastest-growing universities for the period from 2004 to 2009, by The Chronicle of Higher Education. Total enrollment grew from 4,364 in the fall of 2004 to 6,239 in the fall of 2009 – an increase of 43%
- G.I. Jobs magazine named Wilkes University to its 2011, 2012, 2013 list of Military Friendly Schools. This list honors the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s service members and veterans as students.